Lip Blushing is a gentle tattoo procedure that uses soft blush tones to help evenly saturate and elevate your natural lip color. This procedure improves symmetry and gives the appearance of fuller lips without the use of injections. This delicate enhancement is customized according to client lip color, undertones, and facial features.
Every lip tattoo appointment at Victory Ink™ in Sioux Falls begins with a thorough consultation when you arrive. We will spend time evaluating your skin and history to create a personalized service plan for your lips. A topical anesthetic is used during the procedure for your comfort.
For our beautiful clients with melanin-rich or dark lips, advanced neutralization is preferred so A CONSULTATION IS REQUIRED prior to booking. Please book a NEW SERVICE CONSULTATION first - we can do this in person or by video call.
Lip blush is a two step process: the initial appointment and an optimization / retouch appointment 2-3 months later to complete, enhance and prolong results. Prior to booking this service, please read all pre-procedure advice below carefully. We are excited to work with you!
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT?
- Lip blushing is not recommended for those with fragile skin, deep lip lines, or gingivitis. Permanent Makeup / Cosmetic Tattoos are not recommended for those undergoing chemotherapy, radiation or immunotherapy treatment, those on prednisone, steroids, or blood thinners, for women who are pregnant or nursing, or those with MRSA, blood borne or contagious illness, discoid lupus, or who have a history of facial shingles. Tattoos should be avoided within 2 weeks of any vaccination or surgical procedure. (**Clients with anemia, diabetes, systemic lupus, rosacea, psoriasis, or previous cancer history MUST bring a dr. note to the appt authorizing procedure.**)
- Lip Blush procedure is prohibited if tobacco or plant products have been smoked within the past year. Smoking causes slower healing and discoloration of pigment, permanently. Don’t risk it.
- If you have EVER had a cold sore, canker sore, or fever blister in the past, please contact your physician to obtain a prescription antiviral to take for 3 days prior to procedure, on the day of, and for 3 days after procedure. This is a MUST for beautiful results. You will need to repeat this regimen for your retouch.
- PMU procedures are strictly prohibited if Accutane has been used within 6 months of procedure. 1 year, preferred. PMU procedures are prohibited if Doxycycline antibiotics have been taken within 3 months of procedure.
- You must stop all exfoliating acids (retinols, retinoids, hyaluronic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, tretinoin or similar) below the cheekbones for 30 days BEFORE and for 30 days AFTER your lip service, no exceptions. This will have a direct impact on your comfort during the procedure and on results.
- Plan to avoid heavy sunlight or tanning for 30 days BEFORE and 30 days AFTER your procedure (hats are your friends!). Tanning affects the lips and has a direct impact on your comfort during the procedure, and it will discolor pigment.
- Schedule any facials 3+ weeks before or 60 days after your procedure. Lip filler is okay 3 months before or 30+ days after your final lip retouch (after is preferred - lips with filler tend to swell a bit more).
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water before and after your procedure to help promote healthy skin and healing.
- Exfoliate lips daily for at least 1 week before your appointment to remove any dry skin. Use a gentle lip scrub or create one with honey and brown sugar. For the week leading up to the appointment you must also moisturize your lips as much as possible with nourishing balm (not Vaseline!). Avoid lipstick or glitter gloss prior to your appointment. Dry or flaking lips cause discomfort and do not take pigment evenly. If you arrive at your appointment with dry lips, we will cancel and reschedule.
- Avoid dental appointments, facial hair bleaching, waxing, or shaving for 1 week prior to and 2 weeks after your appointment. Inform your artist if you wear removable partials or dentures.
- Please avoid alcohol the night prior to your appointment and avoid caffeine, smoking, alcohol, fish oil, NSAIDs (aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen and similar) the day of your appointment unless medically necessary. These directly impact your comfort during the procedure, retention and the quality of your healed result.
- If you are feeling ill, on antibiotics, or have a sunburn or blemish within a finger’s width of the lips on the day of your appointment, please contact us as early as possible to reschedule.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR MAKEUP TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. Please thoroughly cleanse your lips, cheeks, and chin to remove all makeup using a NON OIL-BASED cleanser before your appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT?
- DAY ONE: Gently blot lips every hour with a clean paper towel or cotton round to remove serous fluid. Cleanse lips with gentle soap and cool water before bed. Lips may feel slightly swollen for the first day; you may apply ice through a barrier cloth. Avoid spicy foods during the first 24 hours.
- FOR TWO WEEKS: Gently apply after care cream with clean fingers or a qtip (do not use Vaseline!) several times each day. Lips will appear darker, like lipstick for the first couple of days. They will flake slightly and then fade temporarily. The color will bloom back into the lips over the next few weeks. Follow after care instructions closely.
- Please don’t use any lip makeup for at least 1 week, only the aftercare that is given to you.
- No scratching, picking or licking of dry skin or flakiness. Avoid anything rubbing or abrasive (such as kissing) for at least 1 week.
- No foreign body fluids in or around the lips for 1 week.
- Avoid any activities that will cause extreme sweating for 1 week (hot tub, sauna, hot workouts). Moderate exercise is okay.
- No swimming pools or other bodies of water for 1 week.
- Avoid laser light therapy on or near the lips, as it can darken or distort the pigment long-term.
- No facials, or skin treatments for 30 days after procedure.
- No exfoliating acids (retinols, retinoids, hyaluronic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, tretinoin or similar) below the cheekbones for 30 days after your lip service, no exceptions. This will have a direct impact on pigment retention.
- Avoid heavy sunlight or tanning for 30 days after your procedure. Tanning will dry out the lips and discolor pigment.
- Lip blush can fade 20-30% after the fist visit - this is normal. Every body chemistry is different. Multiple sessions may be needed to reach your preferred level of saturation. One retouch session is included and must be scheduled 8-10 weeks after your first appointment. Failure to complete the retouch or follow your after care instructions WILL affect your results. With proper care, Lip Blushing can last 2-5 years before requiring a maintenance color boost.
- If you have your permanent makeup done at Victory Ink™ and choose to go elsewhere for touch-ups, we may not be able to do future treatments for you.
More questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page!
- $499+tax. Pricing includes one retouch session and after care kit. Retouch MUST be done within 12 weeks of first visit or a maintenance boost fee applies.
- Maintenance Colorboost is available for existing Victory Ink clients only. Cost: $325+tax. Prior to booking, please text lip photos to 419.902.4241.
Payment methods accepted are credit card and cash. NO personal checks.
If you are not a previous Victory client and have had lip blush, a consultation is required. You may book a New Service Consultation or text photos to 419.902.4241. Photos should be of your entire face from the front and both sides, without makeup and in good natural lighting please. This is not considered a colorboost as the work was done by another technician. It will require a full procedure, possibly color correction and full pricing applies.