Upper Lashline Enhancement is a delicate eye-lining technique that accentuates lashes and enhances the shape, color, and size of your beautiful eyes. For a subtle, "barely there" look, an extremely thin line of custom color is implanted between the lashes creating a fuller, thicker, lovelier lashline. With technique and pigments based on eye color, shape, and personal features this treatment is truly unmatched.
This intelligent eyeliner tattoo is the perfect solution for anyone with allergies, contact lens sensitivity, dexterity issues, vision problems, or an active lifestyle. Eyes appear larger and more striking, and lashes appear thicker and fuller after Lashline Enhancement.
During the consultation at the beginning of your appointment, we will discuss your preferences and desired outcome. A topical anesthetic is used during the procedure for your comfort. Not everyone will be a good candidate for this delicate service. If you are interested in lashline enhancement, please read the pre-procedure advice below carefully. We are excited to work with you!
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT?
- Lashline enhancement is not recommended for those with extremely hooded eyelids, lens implants, thin or fragile skin, glaucoma or visible veins in the eyelids. Permanent Makeup / Cosmetic Tattoos are not recommended for those undergoing chemotherapy, radiation or immunotherapy treatment, those on prednisone, steroids, or blood thinners, for women who are pregnant or nursing, or those with MRSA, blood borne or contagious illness, discoid lupus, or who have a history of facial shingles. Tattoos should be avoided within 2 weeks of any vaccination or surgical procedure. (**Clients with anemia, diabetes, systemic lupus, rosacea, psoriasis, or previous cancer history MUST bring a dr. note to the appt authorizing procedure.**)
- PMU procedures are strictly prohibited if Accutane has been used within 6 months of procedure. 1 year, preferred. PMU procedures are prohibited if Doxycycline antibiotics have been taken within 3 months of procedure. Lashline Enhancement is prohibited while using eyedrops containing prostaglandins (such as for glaucoma).
- Clients with chronic dry eye should know that using Restasis (cyclosporine) increases sensitivity during procedure.
- Wait 6 months after blepharoplasty for lashline enhancement to ensure stabilization of tissue.
- To avoid very serious complications, NO growth serums on lashes (including castor oil) for 90 days before your service, no exceptions. Please schedule accordingly.
- You must stop all exfoliating acids (retinols, retinoids, hyaluronic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, tretinoin or similar) above the cheekbones for 30 days BEFORE and for 30 days AFTER your brow service, no exceptions. This will have a direct impact on your comfort during the procedure and on results.
- Plan to avoid direct sun or tanning for 30 days BEFORE and 30 days AFTER your procedure (sunglasses/hat are your friends!). Tanning has a direct impact to your comfort during the procedure, as well as your results.
- Schedule any facials or botox appointments 3+ weeks before or 60 days after your brow procedure.
- Lash extensions must be removed at least 2 weeks prior to lashline enhancement appointment and must remain off until 4 weeks after any retouch session, no exceptions. No spray tans within 2 weeks before or after lashline enhancement.
- You may wish to plan around your menstrual cycle. Greater sensitivity can be experienced if the procedure is performed during this time.
- Stop using all serums, oil-based products, lotions and creams around the eyes 1 week before your appointment. Oil impedes pigment retention and may result in rescheduling.
- Please avoid alcohol the night prior to your appointment and avoid caffeine, smoking, alcohol, fish oil, NSAIDs (aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen and similar) the day of your appointment unless medically necessary. These directly impact your comfort during the procedure, retention and the quality of your healed result.
- If you are feeling ill, on antibiotics, or have a sunburn at the time of your appointment, please contact us as early as possible to reschedule.
- DO NOT WEAR MAKEUP TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. Please remove all makeup with a non-oil based cleanser before you arrive. Remove contact lenses and wear glasses instead. Topical anesthetics will be used during the procedure for your comfort.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT?
- DAY 1-10: With clean hands, rinse lids with warm water twice daily. Blot dry with a paper towel or cotton round; do not use fabric towels during the healing period. Then use a qtip or clean finger to apply a very small amount of aftercare cream.
- It is normal for lids to appear slightly swollen, pink, or dry for the first few days upon waking. This will resolve quickly. You may experience slight flaking for the first week and fading for the second week. DO NOT PICK. Color will bloom back into the lashline over the next few weeks.
- TO SHOWER: Face away from the faucet. Cleanse face carefully, avoiding the eyes. Blot dry with a paper towel or cotton round after bathing. Do not use creams, soaps, or oils on or around the eyes for 10 days or until all flakes are gone.
- Absolutely no makeup on or over the eyes for 1 week, no exceptions.
- Avoid any activities that will cause extreme sweating for 1 week (hot tub, sauna, hot workouts). Moderate exercise is okay.
- No swimming pools or other bodies of water for 1 week.
- Shield your eyes from the sun for 30 days (this includes tanning). Keep your lids dry and protected.
- No acids (retinols/retinoids, hyaluronic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, tretinoin or similar) above the cheekbones for 30 days, no exceptions. These products will discolor pigment. Growth serums are never recommended after permanent makeup.
- Avoid facial treatments and eyelash tinting for 30 days. No lash perming, lifting, glue or extensions until 30 days after your retouch, no exceptions.
- Long term results vary as every face and body chemistry is unique. Permanent makeup is a more superficial process than traditional body art tattooing, so fading WILL happen. The better you care for your lashline, the more beautiful and lasting your results will be. After care MUST be closely followed. Not following after care can change or prevent future work.
- The outcome of Lashline Enhancement is delicate and subtle. This is a soft, shadowed enhancement to your lashline to create the illusion of fuller lashes and frame your eyes. You may still wish to wear eyeliner when you desire a more glamorous, makeup appearance, but please wait until after the healing period to do so.
- Lashline Enhancement can fade 20-30% after the fist visit - this is normal. Every body chemistry is different. One retouch session is included and must be scheduled 8-10 weeks after your first appointment. Failure to complete the retouch or follow your after care instructions WILL affect your results. With proper care, enhancement 1-3 years before requiring a maintenance color boost.
- If you have your permanent makeup done at Victory Ink and choose to go elsewhere for touch-ups, we may not be able to do future treatments for you.
More questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page!
- $450+tax : Customized Lashline Enhancement and retouch visit. Retouch MUST be done within 12 weeks of first visit or a maintenance boost fee applies.
- Maintenance Colorboost is available for existing Victory Ink™ clients only. Cost: $325+tax. Prior to booking, please text photos to 419.902.4241.
Payment methods accepted are credit card and cash. NO personal checks.